photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 6 July 2014

Beauty: My Smooth Leg Routine


Summer is well and truly here now which means I am living in dresses, skirts & shorts. The only downside is trying to keep my pins nice and smooth but I think I have nailed a routine so thought I would share it with you!


Step One: Exfoliate

You need to start off with a good scrub down to remove any dead skin and give your legs a smooth surface. I really like any of Soap & Glory's but currently enjoying their Scrub of your life as although it really scrubs away it also foams well and moisturises. 


Step Two: Hair Removal

The bane of all our lives right? I usually dry my legs slightly and pop some shaving foam on. I find if you don't have any baby oil works wonderfully too! I love Venus razors I think they are the best and definitely worth the money. I never cut myself shaving or snag my skin at all!

Step Three: Tone.

This isn't a necessary step but I find that using a body brush once dry helps get your circulation going and reduces any signs of cellulite. I love using Champney's Mineral Detox Firming Hip & Thigh Gel* after this step to help firm things a bit. The only thing about this product is it smells like men's aftershave, which is lovely but it's slightly strange for a product aimed at women!


Step Four: Moisturise

I feel this is the most important step! Your legs are now smooth and hairless but they will be dry and not so silky to touch unless you moisturise. I have plenty to choose from but recently I've been loving LUSH's Sympathy for the Skin* which has bananas (my favourite) in it, which are known for softening the skin. This stuff lingers on you for ages and is so rich which I love as I hate moisturisers that disappear 20 minutes after putting it on.

What are your best tips for getting summer ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment