photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 15 June 2014

Lifestyle: The England Match in London.


Yesterday I headed down to London to visit a good friend of mine and couldn't have picked a better day. Okay the weather decided it wanted to mess with us and my attire wasn't exactly appropriate for the wet spells (OOTD to follow) but where better to support England in the world cup than in the capital?








We started our day out at Tower Bridge for a long walk to St Paul's all the way down to Waterloo. We sat on the steps of the cathedral with all the tourists catching up after not seeing each other in four months and wandered down the Millennium Bridge where we came across a man colouring in chewing gum into funky shapes. It was so strange but kind of cool; not sure it's a hobby I'd like to have. The sun started to come just as we hit South Bank which is definitely my favourite place to go in London there's always something going on; Mars were there handing out free ice creams!








Next stop was Shoreditch to have a tinker around Spitafields and grab some drinks at The Big Chill. It was around 5 and the atmosphere was beginning to heighten for the match. Everyone was in good spirits and we sat chatting to strangers for ages. I love talking to random people! We went to the Urban Food Fest near Box Park to refuel where we got Tacos and sat on a stoop to enjoy them, I had one of each flavour; beef, spiced halloumi and lemon chicken. They were beautiful.

My phone died for the remainder of the evening but I'll fill you in. We headed to Camden to KOKO to watch the match. It's like an old theatre which has been renovated to a place where gigs are held. It's full of red walls and dark velvet, very Moulin Rouge so of course I loved it. The ratio of guys to girls was a little intimidating especially when the match got started. The language jeez!

You all know how we got on so I won't go into that. But when we did score those boys pretending like I was one of them and I have the bruises and a swollen ankle to show for it. Nonetheless I really enjoyed myself. I should definitely watch football more often! 



This morning we headed to Soho to the Imli Street, around the corner from the breakfast club, for a quick breakfast before I went to pick up a big (and expensive) treat I'd been wanting for ages and some of Dad's favourite aftershave for Father's Day. 

I've had a lovely albeit busy weekend and very happy to be in bed with a hot chocolate and a small ice pack on that ankle. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment