photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 30 June 2013

Essie's Ballet Slippers



Please excuse the mess of my cuticles, I am getting my nails done on Thursday!

I was very kindly gifted a selection of Essie nail polishes, a brand which I can't believe I have never tried. I was forever loyal to Models Own but my mind has now been opened to endless possibilities!

I thought I would start with perhaps the famous of the bunch I have got in my collection, Ballet Slippers. A sheer, milky pink colour which to be honest doesn't really suit my skin tone. It's a brilliant one for work though as I can't go without nail polish on, ever. It could be a top coat for any pinky shades I have. It's just a bit...boring. 

Saying that the application is brilliant. A lovely brush which applies a really smooth formula. It dries quite quickly too! I have some others to show you soon which I much prefer. Although this one isn't really my thing the formula the polishes I've tried have drawn me into the brand a little bit more.


3 comments:

  1. Very interesting how can a nail paint is named as ballet slippers please tell the inside story i am very curious to know ?

    Thanks
    Barker Marine

    Men Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the creator named them after the colour of actual ballet slippers!! Not entirely sure!

      Delete
    2. I think the creator named them after the colour of actual ballet slippers!! Not entirely sure!

      Delete