photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick 101








I saw Lily wearing this lipstick in one of her videos. I thought it would have been a nice MAC one or even a NARS but nope, it's Rimmel. Even better because it's cheap as chips! 

I have a Kate Moss lipstick already in shade 08 which is one of my favourite neutral pinky tones but 101 is a more blued based rosy pink. I can imagine it being very subtle on light skin tones but gives quite a pop of colour on my lips, which is the only place I experiment with colour. I find it looks lovely with my Well Dressed Blush from MAC and black eyeliner. 

The formula is creamy and quite matte. It's not flakey but after a little while does become quite dry. Lip prepping is key with this and a good scrub and a bit of moisturiser really helps this to apply beautifully. At £5.49 in Boots it hardly breaks the bank and there are lovely colours in the range. I'm after a nice berry shade for winter. 

(On a side note I would like to say sorry for not writing lately, I had to work this weekend and then had an allergic reaction to something which led my hands to swell up. I was a tad scared but it was also really funny to have balloon hands! But yes I couldn't type so no posts. Now I would like to find out what it is I am allergic too. 





2 comments:

  1. I love this colour! It might have to be my next Kate Moss purchase!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice colour; maybe a little bright for winter but goes so well with everything! x

      Delete