photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Monday 11 February 2013

e.l.f HD Blush

I made a cheeky purchase on e.l.f (eyes, lips, face) the other day. For anyone that doesn't know. e.l.f is an american make up brand that is definitely on the cheaper end of your budget. It is sold in stores like Target and most products are under $5. Luckily for us here in the UK we can get our mitts on their products online. We don't have access to the full range but there are so many good products which don't break the bank. If you check out their Facebook page or sign up to an email subscription they have amazing offers; I got 48%s off and free shipping on my order!

There are a few different types of products; mineral based, the e.l.f basic collection and the studio line. Although a tad more expensive (yet still no more than £6 a product at full price) the studio line is the one to go for. It's clear that more effort has gone into this line and you won't be disappointed.

I may have gone a bit overboard with my order but I got lots of beautiful new make up goodies to share with you. Today's product: e.l.f's HD Blush



Packaging

 The packaging is lovely as it has a pump dispenser along with clear packaging so you can see how much you have left. Make sure you are super gentle with the pump; one whole pump and you will dispense enough blush to last you a week. At first I thought it was such a small bottle but now I realise why.




Formula

Research has told me this is a dupe of the Make Up For Ever HD Blushes (which I have never actually tried due to the price tag) this product is a liquid blush. It is a slightly watery formula but not really runny, I think the formula helps with application otherwise it would be too stiff to apply. After swatching this on my wrist I discovered it is best to apply a tiny amount on the back of the hand and then use a stippling brush to add it to the apples of the cheeks. I also tried applying it directly to my face but it is hard to get even coverage on both cheeks uses fingers. 


Colour

I opted for the colour Headliner which is a warm rose pink with a slight shimmer which disappears once on the cheek. There are two other colours available; Superstar, a coral pink which would look beautiful in the summer and Diva, a bright blued toned pink which I think would be amazing on really dark skin but perhaps a bit too bold for my taste. Headliner provides a lovely flush of colour which last for hours as they are so pigmented. The colour does stay on a lot longer with a primer (which I will review also as e.l.f do a fabulous one!) 

I really like this blusher as it is different from anything else I own. I find it a lot easier to apply than a cream blusher and has much more pigmentation than a powder based blusher. A winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment