photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Friday 15 March 2013

The Red Lip


I rarely sport a red lip unless I'm feeling particularly brave but due to Comic Relief and Red nose's I feel to wear one today! I only have 3 lip products for red lips and here they are.





Sephora's Nano Lip Liner in Real Red. It was about time I invested in some lip liners as whenever I wear a red lip it always bleeds! On my hand it really is a post box red but on the lips it is more toned down. The above picture is my lips with one coat of the lip liner; I think 2 coats would look more intense. It is very drying on the lips and you definitely couldn't wear it alone! Obviously Sephora isn't available in the UK so check out Boots for a cheap liner or I've heard MAC's red lip liner is the best!


Sleek True Colour Matte Lipstick in Stiletto

Yves Rocher Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Framboise


The only two red lipsticks I own are Sleek's True Colour Matte in Stiletto (£4.99) and  Yves Rocher's Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Framboise (£14.50). Very similar in colour but with completely different finishes. I like Sleek's matte finish as it can finish a make up look without looking overdone so you can wear a bit of a smoky eye and not look like a drag queen. The Yves Rocher one has a very shiny satin finish so the rest of your make up needs to be toned down. 

Is anyone doing any fundraising for Comic Relief today? We are all wearing red to work and donating! I wish we could have gone in fancy dress....that would have been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment